Regina Tuchinsky

Pennsylvania family law attorney assisting families with adoption, divorce, child support and child custody

  • Adoption
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support

Talk to a

Russian Lawyer in Philadelphia

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Russian attorneys in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Can I be sent to jail for unpaid child support?

I lost my job when COVID hit and I’ve been looking for work ever since. I filed with the child support office in Philly to reduce or stop my payments but I haven’t heard back from anyone since I submitted the initial application. My kids’ mother says she is going to ask for contempt against me and that I could be sent to jail for 6 months and have all my bank accounts seized, although there is not much money left for them to take. Can I be sent to prison if I legitimately lost my job and tried right away to get the child support amount lowered? And why would they send me to jail when I’m looking for work? If I go to jail my ex gets no payments from me.
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0